Hugh Kemp has handled personal injury cases of different types ranging from car accidents to wrongful death.
Personal injuries can arise from circumstances including car accidents, dangerous conditions on property, defective products or professional negligence. Although each case is different, there are some things you should do on all personal injury cases.
1. Get medical attention as soon as possible. Depending on your injuries, a delay could prevent medical providers from being able to help you.
2. When possible, taken pictures of the location where your injuries occurred. For example, if you were injured by a product, take pictures and if possible maintain possession of the product.
3. Save your evidence. Save all medical records, bills, prescriptions (receipts and prescription bottles)
4. If someone from the other party’s insurance company calls or contacts you, either an adjuster or investigator, you have to assume you are being recorded. Politely tell them that you intend to hire a lawyer if you plan on doing so and ask for the insurance company’s contact information and claim number. Do not discuss the details of the incident until you have consulted an attorney.
5. Do everything your doctor tells you to do. If you feel the treatment is not helping, do not give up on what you were instructed to do. Instead, let your doctor know what is happening so he/she can possibly try some other treatment to help you improve. Our initial consultation is free. Our fees depend upon us getting you a successful result. We can discuss your case by phone, in person at our office, via email, or even at your home or the hospital, if necessary.
Hugh Kemp has been involved in representing over a thousand clients who were involved in vehicle collisions. Mr. Kemp previously represented multiple insurance companies, which gives him keen insight with their methods of evaluation and advantages to you by his knowledge and skill in negotiating the maximum settlement or obtaining the maximum settlement under the circumstances. Coordinating liability coverage with uninsured/underinsured coverage and coordinating medial payment coverage from your vehicle policy with medical payments by health insurance carriers can often times be the most complicated aspect of your case. You need to hire an attorney that deals with insurance companies on a daily basis and who has the knowledge of how the insurance companies work.
If you are seriously injured in a wreck, be sure to try and do the following:
1. Get someone to take pictures of your car before the insurance company disposes of it;
2. Get someone to obtain a copy of the accident report (we can do this for you.)
3. Report the collision to your insurance company as soon as possible.
4. Follow the additional steps listed on our Personal Injury page.
Our initial consultation is free. Our fees depend upon us getting you a successful result.We can discuss your case by phone, in person at our office, via email, or even at your home or the hospital, if necessary.
A wrongful death can occur from several different circumstances including defective products, dangerous conditions on property, professional negligence, vehicle collisions, or physical force by another person.
Wrongful death cases have unique circumstances. Georgia has specific rules about who can bring such a case which is hard for a family member to do while grieving over a huge loss in their lives. Georgia law allows for the recovery of the full value of the life of the decedent. This not only includes lost future income, but also things such as the enjoyment of life.
Hugh Kemp and his staff not only will strive to show a person’s lost earnings, but they will also strive to show the jury the kind of person the deceased was through the testimony of family and friends.
Our initial consultation is free. Our fees depend upon us getting you a successful result. We can discuss your case by phone, in person at our office, via email, or even at your home or the hospital, if necessary.
"One of the most experienced and helpful legal help experiences I've dealt with. So glad I had Hugh on my case. Will definitely use their help again and recommend him for any case in the Dalton/north GA area." - Rob C.
"Has helped me with multiple cases and would highly recommend to anyone.He has the experience across the board and will definitely use him again if needed. One of the best lawyers in Dalton and Georgia!" - Jonathan K.
"Very understanding, kind and listened! Don't let the kind face fool you though... he was vicious in court, to my delight! Highly recommend!!!" - John T.
"Great friendly bi-lingual staff. He helped me with my case and was very caring and interested in all my personal needs and issues." - Rosie R.
"Excellent Work: Mr. Kemp carefully drafted my will and recently represented me in an Atlanta car accident resulting in a nice settlement against a driver who rear-ended me and had her car repossessed. His prompt and well-written correspondence brought satisfying results. I highly recommend him as a very knowledgeable, experienced, and proven professional with affordable fees." - David
"Hugh was able to work with my budget on an divorce proceeding. He did all he could to try for reconciliation before headed into mediation and on to litigation. I would recommend him if you need open contact with your attorney. He and his staff are available to me even after hrs. My phone calls are returned when the say they will I would have to say that he has become a friend as I knew he was always on my side and represents only what I want thumbs up!" - Michael
"Great Results: Office staff very friendly, he was very informative and always returned all my phone calls. Mr. Kemp helped me with my car accident case and was able to get good results and a good lump sum in my pocket....... treated me like a friend not a client." - Jorge
"I was traveling back to Chicago and was stopped for a traffic citation, Mr. Kemp was able to go to court in my place and was able to negotiate a pleas bargain with the State of Georgia. I WAS ABLE TO KEEP MY DRIVER'S LICENCE. He was quick.....trust worthy.....and very knowledgeable....HIGHLY RECOMEND HIS SERVICES" - Name Not Published